For a Field rep, scheduling a route for their daily appointment is quite significant. Within CRM, Maplytics helps in visualization of Dynamics 365 data on map and apart from viewing this data, it also helps the Sales/Service rep in plotting automatic route for their daily appointment. In our previous blog we have shown how to create a dashboard where field reps can view their daily or weekly appointment or any OOB activity or non-activity record on map. But, viewing records on maps might not be that helpful for field reps. In order to visit these records (appointments) they also need pre-defined route so that as soon a sales rep opens their CRM, Maplytics Dashboard displays the route to visit all their appointments for the day.
In this blog, we will show how to configure Maplytics dashboard record on Dynamics 365 dashboard to get the route.
To plot an automatic route on CRM dashboard follow the given steps:
First, create dashboard record as per your requirement. Once Maplytics dashboard record is created, then you need to include Maplytics dashboard record on Detail Map component on Dynamics CRM Dashboard. To do this click on ‘New’ button in the section of dashboard and select ‘Add Web Resource’. Select ‘ikl_/Maplytics/Maplytics.DetailMap.html’ web resource.
1. Go to Sales → Dashboards → Click on ‘New’
2. Choose any layout as shown below:
3. Give name to the dashboard and click on the web resource button to add Detail map HTML web resource.
4. Add web resource: ‘ikl_/Maplytics/Maplytics.DetailMap.html’
5. Next, add a parameter in Custom Parameter Dashboard Record Name||dashboard||true and click on ‘OK‘.
6. After saving dashboard, user can see the route plotted on dashboard.
Note: Only 25 waypoints can be added into the route.
In this way, you can easily plot an automatic route on Dynamics 365 CRM dashboard for field reps with Maplytics.